Tuesday 11 August 2015

England Trip 2015

Tomorrow I'll be flying back to the U.S., after spending the past month visiting my family in England.  Since I didn't schedule a post for this week, I thought I'd put up a link to some of the beer-related photos (with descriptions) from my trip. They include, among other things, a visit to the Hook Norton brewery in Oxfordshire, a beer festival in Liverpool, and a few of my favourite local pubs. Needless to say I've enjoyed some excellent cask ales while I've been home (along with some mediocre ones), and I'm feeling excited to start another year of homebrewing and blending once the heat of the summer dies down back in Chicago.

(NB:  in case anyone cares, stand out cask ales from the trip include Marble Brewing's Manchester Bitter, Brimstage Brewery's Trapper's Hat, Milestone Brewery's Black Pearl, and various beers from Melwood Beer Company.  I only tried a few of their beers, but Burning Sky are definitely the brewery I'm most excited about.)



Beer related photos from my trip home

No comments:

Post a Comment